Dr. Rama Krishna Prasad. Yarlagadda
Professor & Dean Admissions
Dr. Rama Krishna Prasad. Yarlagadda, Professor of Management, completed his Ph. D from Acharya Nagarjuna University, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh and has over eighteen years of academic and research experience at various prestigious academic institutions in India. His Ph. D work was on A Study of Consumers’ Retail Format Choice & Patronage Behavior in Food & Grocery Retailing, Prior to Ph. D, he had earned Bachelor of Commerce, Master of Commerce, Master of Business Administration and Master of Philosophy in Management.
Dr. YRK’s research interests include developing integrates techniques and insights from marketing, psychology, statistics, and operations research to address key marketing problems such as marketing strategy development, examining the consumers’ patronage towards retailing, product line and assortment optimization and few area of human resource management in which he has more than 25 publications, in various journals and conferences. He is currently working on retail brand equity and the impact of its antecedents on the loyalty to the brand and to the store. He organized (Acted as Convener for) the AICTE Sponsored Two Day International Conference on “Consumer Dynamics and Marketing Strategies in A Globalized Economic Era” – Perspectives and Challenges on 29 -30 October, 2013in GRIET, Hyderabad. and He attend major training courses, faculty development programmes in various prestigious institutions. He received a best paper award in 4th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies held on 5-7 Jan 2011 at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA), India. He has completed a minor research project funded by University Grants Commission with titled Developing the competitive business strategies for unorganized retailers in the context of changing economic scenario in 2016.
Dr. YRK currently heading admissions office of GRIET for admissions to around six different undergraduate and nine Post-graduate degree programmes at GRIET, Hyderabad. He has been in this role since 2016. He is also heading an additional position of Additional Controller of Examinations -Set examinations at GRIET. In past, Dr. YRK was the founding HOD- Department of Management Studies at GRIET, Hyderabad from 2012 to 2106 and HOD Dept. of Commerce and Management (M. Com Programme) at SLNS College, Bhongir from 1999-2004 (5 years). As its founding Head, he was instrumental in creating academic rigor in the campus. He has been a visiting researcher and visiting professor at Krishna University, Machilipatnam; Indian Institute of Material Management, Hyderabad Chapter.
Office Room no:
Department of Humanities and Basic Science
Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
Educational DetailsPh.D. in Management – in the area of retailing Management titled “A Study of Consumers’ Retail Format Choice & Patronage Behavior in Food & Grocery Retailing” in 2012, from Acharya Nagarjuna University. Master of Business Administration (M.B.A), with specialization in Marketing in 1996-98 from University of Madras, Chennai. Master of Commerce (M. Com), with specialization in Personnel Management and Finance, in 1994-96 from Nagarjuna University, Guntur. B. Com, 1991-94 from Sir. C.R.R College affiliated to Andhra University. I am qualified in the SLET / NET examination in the year 1999 I completed my M.Phil. Program from Madurai Kamaraj University, Madurai in the Year 2005 I possess a Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Applications (PGDCA)
Professional Background Working as Professor, Dean Admissions in Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology (GRIET), Hyderabad in the Department of Management Studies from 07 August, 2006 to till date. Joined as an Assistant Professor on 09 August 2006; promoted as Associate Professor on 01 June, 2009 and elevated as a Professor on 01 June, 2012. In addition to that, I am working as Dean Admissions and Additional Controller of Examinations (ACE-Confidential-Autonomous). Present job Profile: Responsible to maintain the actives of admission for the UG and PG programs, research programs, project consultation works. Teaching course work to Management Students in DMS. Accountable to direct the academic programs of both undergraduate and postgraduate courses in the autonomous institution. In addition to that, evaluation of the student performance with external evaluation both in the theory and practical. Working as a Gust faculty member in the Department of Business Administration, Krishna University, Machalipatnam, A.P. Working as a resource person for IIMM (Indian Institute for Material Management) Hyderabad chapter, Hyderabad from 2007 to till date Worked as an Assistant Professor in V.R.S. & Y.R.N. College, Chirala, in the Department of Management Studies from 05 July, 2004 to 02 August, 2006. Worked as Head of the Department of Commerce for M. Com in Sri Lakshmi Narasimha Swamy College, Bhongir, from 13 September, 1999 to 30 June 2004. Worked as a visiting faculty in the Department of Computer Applications in St. George P.G College, Bhongir, from August 2000 to July 2004. Worked as a visiting faculty for M.B.A in Sikhim Manipal University (Study Centre) in Hyderabad, from August 2000 to July 2004. Worked as Faculty Member for M.B.A in Allahabad Agriculture University (Study Centre) in Hyderabad, for a Period of 5 Years.
1. Presented research paper titled “Role of Entrepreneurship on Economic Development and Entrepreneurial Development And Its Antecedents In India- A Study” National Seminar (UGC Sponsored ) on Economy & Entrepreneurship on 27th & 28th October, 2017 at PG Department of Management Studies, VRS & YRN College, Chirala, A.P, India.
2. Presented research paper titled “Effectiveness of Training and Development in the current economic era” in an International Conference on Recent Trends in Training & Development held on 6-7 February, 2014 organized by School of Management Studies, JNTUH, Hyderabad.
3. Presented research paper titled “Examining the Role of Consumers in-Store Shopping Experience as a Retailers Consumer Retention Strategy in Food and Grocery Retailing - A Comparative study” in the International Conference on Marketing Strategies in Globalized Economic Era- Perspectives & Challenges (ICCDMS -13) held on 29 -30 October, 2013, organized by DMS– GRIET, Hyderabad. (ISBN: 978-81-928677-0-0)
4. Presented research paper titled “Indian Retail Sector – Issues and Challenges” in National Seminar on Retailing in India held on September 2013, organized by School of Management Studies, JNTUH, Hyderabad, (ISBN: 978-93-5062-330-5).
5. Presented research paper titled “E- Business Models and the role of CRM in E- Business” in the 2nd International Conferenceon Advanced Computing Methodologies (ICACM -13) held on 02-03 August, 2013, organized by School of Computing –Gokaraju Rangaraju Institute of Engineering and Technology, Hyderabad
6. Presented research paper titled “Performance of Microfinance Institutions with Nationalized Banks in India - An Evaluation” in the National Seminar on Microfinance – Issues, Challenges and Policy Options in Emerging Economies (NSMF -2012) held on 17 -18 February, 2012, organized by the Department of BusinessManagement, KRISHNA UNIVERSITY, Machilipatnam, AP.
7. Presented research paper titled “Effect of grocery loyalty programs on customer emotional loyalty in emerging retail markets: An empirical analysis” in International Conference in Marketing on Shaping the Future of Research in Marketing in Emerging Economies, held on 12-14 Jan 2012 at Indian Institute of Management Lucknow (IIML), Noida Campus, New Delhi in India.
8. Presented research paper titled “Impact of Green Marketing strategies on business performance and customer satisfaction” in National seminar on Green Management held on 02 Apr 2011 at Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad, India.
9. Presented research paper titled “Role of Shopping Motivations in Store Patronage Behaviour in Emerging Market: An Empirical Analysis” in International conference on Business Growth in Emerging Markets: Global Shifts and Local Effects held on 15-16 December 2011 at Instituteof Public Enterprise (IPE) in association with EGADE Business School, Mexico, in Hyderabad, India.
10. Presented research paper titled “Effect of Cross Shopping Behaviour on Store Format Choice in Food and Grocery Retailing-An Empirical Analysis” in 4th IIMA Conference on Marketing in Emerging Economies held on 5-7 Jan 2011 at Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad (IIMA), India.
11. Presented research paper titled “A study on Consumer Patronage behavior decisions in Food & Grocery Retailing” in the AICTE sponsored National Seminar on Developing Research Skills in Management Scholars, held on 26-27 March, 2010 at DMS, GRIET, Hyderabad, India.
12. Presented research paper titled “Critical Factors of Viral Marketing in India-Perspectives and Challenges” in National Seminar on Innovations in the Rout to Win the Market held on 3-4 Dec, 2009 at Institute of Public Enterprise (IPE), Hyderabad, A.P, India.
13. Presented research paper titled “Price Promotion as Retail Strategy in an Uncertain Economic Era with Reference to Food and Grocery Retail in India” National Seminar on Managing in an uncertain Economic era - Embracing Change in a Service Economy held on 5-7 Nov, 2009 at School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, A.P, India.
14. Presented research paper titled “Handloom Industry In Indian – Problems and Strategies” National Seminar(UGC Sponsored ) on Challenges and Strategies of Handloom Industry held on 21-22 August, 2009 at PG Department of Management Studies, VRS&YRN College, Chirala, A.P, India.
15. Participated in the International Conference on Retailing in the Globalised era-Perspectives & Challenges, held on 10-12 Jan 2008 at School of Management Studies, University of Hyderabad, Hyderabad A.P, India.
16. Participated in the Visionary Leaders: Lecture Series II on Teaching OB and HR- New Perspectives by Dr. T.V.Rao, The father of Indian HRD on 20th November,2010 at Aurora’s Business School, Hyderabad.